Origin

Holy Child School, New Delhi, was established in 1957 by the Society of the Sisters of Charity of Saints Bartolomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa, also known as Sisters of 'Maria Bambina' (Holy Child Mary). Hence the Institution bears this name.    

        The Sisters of Charity came to India in 1860 and since then they are working in many parts of the country in Orphanages, Hospitals, Homes for the Aged, Schools, Colleges and other chartable institutions. The institutaions are owned by the Society, a body registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860."